Located on approximately 460 acres, Leamington was designed by the Greenwood Development Corporation, the same developer that developed Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove and Palmetto Hall.
Leamington is a private, oceanfront beach and golf community surrounded by picturesque views, this exclusive community offers a relaxing lifestyle like no other. Access to the community is via a private owner's entrance on Highway 278 and Ocean Lane by the beach. Residents get to enjoy a wealth of activities, as the neighborhood features quick access to the renowned Arthur Hills Golf Course, the 11-mile lagoon system (2nd largest in the country, Leamington Beach Club, Rec Center with pool, playground, docking facilities, and entertainment area, along with all the exciting amenities found within Palmetto Dunes Resort. Leamington is home to Hilton Head's Historic Rear-Range Lighthouse, the only one on Hilton HEad Island.
Leamington is divided into two separate neighborhoods: the Residential Area and the Condominiums and Villas Area.
The neighborhoods offer some of the most breathtaking views on Hilton Head Island including wooded landscapes, the tranquil l 11-mile lagoon, the golf course.
Buyers in search of their dream home in Leamington can choose from a wonderful selection of luxurious properties that can suit any type of lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for a permanent residence or a second home the stylish homes within Leamington’s two master-planned neighborhoods are sure to meet and exceed all of your requirements.
- 306 single-famly homes and 60 oceanfront villas and townhomes
- Short-term rentals: not permitted.
- Personal golf carts permitted: within the gates
- Access to the Community: Private resident's access via Highway 278 and Ocean Lane by the beach
- Access to the Leamington Beach Club with owner private party access for 80 persons
- Recreation Center Pavilion with owner private parties for 100 guests
- Community Pool
- Canoe Launch, Watercraft Storage, and Playground.
- Somerset, South Shore Commons and the Townhomes at South Shore offer 6-month rentals; golf carts not permitted
- Community Enhancement Fee: 1/2 of 1% of the purchase price, payable at closing
- Residential Assessment
- Watercraft Storage
- Golf Membership for Arthur Hills, George Fazio and Robert Trent Jones Golf courses
CONDOMINIUMS | VILLAS AREA
- 510 oceanfront and 2nd row-villas
- Short-term rentals: permitted
- Direct Beach access
- No personal golf carts permitted
- Access to the Condominiums: PD Security Gate by Marriott
- Access to Leamington for golf: Ocean Lane Security Gate
- No enhancement fee
please visit www.leamingtonpoa.org for more information.
Leamington is the only Hilton Head Island oceanfront community that allows golf cart usage within its premises – residents can take their golf carts to the beach and to other places within the neighborhood. Access is available from Highway 278 or the gate near the ocean.
- The Leamington Lighthouse, constructed during the 1870s. The historic lighthouse is located in Palmetto Dunes’ southern edge
- 11-mile lagoon system which winds through the 2,000 acres offering battery-powered boats, canoes, and kayaks
- Avid golfers can play 18 holes of championship golf at Leamington’s own Arthur Hills Golf Course. The renowned golf club is also home to a pro shop, a clubhouse, and top-notch dining venues
- In addition to the Arthur Hills Golf Course, residents also get access to Palmetto Dunes’ Robert Trent Jones Golf Course and George Fazio Golf Course
- The Leamington Beach Club is exclusive for residential owners. The club can be used for private parties with up to 80 guests. Other features include BBQ facilities, an open-air shelter, a sun deck, a day kitchen, private beach access, and shower facilities
- Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center offers tennis and pickleball
- Leamington Canoe Launch and Playground
- Recreation Center and Pavilion
- Pool and Sundeck (Pool heated Oct-Nov.)