Established In 1976, Phil Schembra arrived on Hilton Head Island to sell real estate for the Phipps Land Company | Bessemer Securities, the early developers of Palmetto Dunes Resort. When the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) was established permitting realtors to sell throughout the Island, Phil made the best decision he has ever made... to specialize exclusively in Palmetto Dunes, which later included Shelter Cove and Leamington.
Since 1976, as Owner and Broker-in-Charge of Schembra Real Estate Group, Phil has consistently been at the forefront of Hilton Head Island real estate, both as a property owner and REALTOR living on the ocean in Palmetto Dunes and specializing in Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove and Leamington. Phil is a Glen Ridge, NJ native and a graduate of LIU Post on Long Island and started his business career in the NYC area prior to moving to Hilton Head Island. He and his wife and business partner, Carol, enjoy the quality of life that their special Island offers. He established Schembra Real Estate Group to be the best boutique real estate company, not necessarily the biggest. His 44-years of record-breaking sales helped build a strong real estate market with a 100% focus on the property owners in specializing in Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove and Leamington on world-famous Hilton Head Island, SC.
Through over $1,000,000,000 (billion) in personal sales since 1976, he has seen the local real estate market grow to encompass a wide range of luxury, beach, lagoon, golf, harbor and oceanfront properties, doing so with a commitment to his philosophy of hard work, core values, a stellar reputation and outstanding knowledge and expertise with both buyers and sellers. Schembra Real Estate Group is part of the Who’s Who in Luxury Real Estate, a global network of the world’s top real estate executives. What does this mean for our clients? It means that they can list their property on Webby-award winning LuxuryRealEstate.com, giving them worldwide exposure to highly qualified buyers on a platform that features more luxury real estate than any other site in the world. It’s good news for buyers and sellers and fabulous news for the Hilton Head Island real estate market. Now, with this global platform, Schembra Real Estate Group continues its goal of elevating Hilton Head Island real estate and providing clients the utmost in professionalism, service, and experience.
Sales training and broker mentoring “has been an integral part of the firm’s philosophy providing agents with extensive market knowledge to offer their buyers and sellers a professional experience. The firm’s excellent support staff offer customer service, stellar reputation, and expertise in the community have continued to set the company apart from its competition. In addition, he is the author of THE TOTAL SALESPERSON® time management sales program The team of professionals at Schembra Real Estate Group may offer assistance with your real estate goals and objectives throughout Hilton Head Island and the Low Country. In this hectic technological world, at the end of the day, real estate is a people business, one built on personal relationships and referrals and also helping clients’ “dreams become a reality.” His loyal client and friend base has been a huge part of his success.
REAL ESTATE AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- REAL Trends + Tom Ferry America’s Best Real Estate Professionals 2020 ranking as #1 in Individual Sales Volume for Hilton Head Island (1,700 Realtors) and #4 in Individual Sales Volume in the State of South Carolina with over (23.500) SC Realtors.
- 2016 Realtor Emeritus distinction with 40 years
- Over $1,000,000,000 (billion) in personal real estate sales since 1976
- #1 All-Time Listing and Selling Agent in the history of Hilton Head Island in one community – Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove and Leamington, for homes, homesites, and condominiums
- The only REALTOR® specializing 100% exclusively in Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove and Leamington
- Past recipient, “Top 100 Sales Team” Award in the Country, with one assistant ranked by sales volume by the National Association of Realtors, with over 1,400,000 (million) members at the time
- #1 All-Time Listing and Selling Agent in the history of Hilton Head Island for oceanfront homes, homesites, and condominiums all achieved in Palmetto Dunes and Leamington
- Largest investor of oceanfront property throughout the years, other than the developers
COMMUNITY AND ORGANIZATIONS
- TedXHilton Head
- Volunteers in Medicine Hilton Head
- Children’s Relief Fund
- Boys and Girls Club
- RBC Heritage of Golf, presented by Boeing
- Pan-Mass Challenge for Cancer, Boston MA
- Outside Hilton Head Foundation
- Wish Upon a Teen, Southfield, Michigan
- Past Board Member, HHI Board of Realtors
- Past Chairman, Beach Nourishment Committee
- Past Board Member, HHI Chamber of Commerce
- Founder, Golf World | Palmetto Dunes Intercollegiate Golf Tournament
- Organized the Committee, to Re-write the SC Beachfront Management Act
- Past Marketing Director, Benjamin M. Racusin, (Carol’s cousin) Hilton Head Island’s 1st Mayor
- Former Board Member, Mariner's Inn Advisory Board, DBA Omni Oceanfront Resort
- Past Organizer and Recipient, Thurman Munson Award Dinner for Association of the Help of Retarded Children
- Past Advisory Board Member, the International Amateur Athletic Association, NYC
- Past Board Member, Jesse Owens Foundation, NYC
Take advantage of Phil’s record-breaking sales. Please contact him at www.schembrarealestate.com or call below:
Address: The Plaza at Shelter Cove | 50P Shelter Cove Lane
Hilton Head Island SC | 29928