Why Buy Now…in Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove and Leamington!
WHY BUY NOW…
The Perfect Time…The Perfect Community!
WHY PALMETTO DUNES, SHELTER COVE AND LEAMINGTON?
- Family Enjoyment and Usage…Priceless!
- Invest in your family’s lifestyle and future…today!
- Enjoy the community and the “quality of life” while your real estate purchase works for you.
- Escape to tranquility on your Island paradise and leave your stress behind.
- Spectacular weather – Subtropical climate, four seasons and mild winters.
- Ocean, harbour, golf, tennis, cultural activities,water sports, and leisure paths
SOLID REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT
- The community offers an outstanding niche in the world-class oceanfront, golf and harbour resort market because of superior land planning and design and an overabundance of resort amenities – all on a subtropical Island surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean.
- Capital appreciation over the past 30 years has been outstanding, and at today’s current prices, offers buyers an outstanding opportunity for years to come.
- The Sun Belt is in the path of current growth. In the next 25 years South Carolina is projected to see its population increase by 20 to 30 percent.
- Over 2,500,000 (million) people a year visit Hilton Head Island, and many of them fall in love with our community, our lifestyle and decide to become property owners.
- Hilton Head Island is a controlled real estate market because of density restrictions of the Land Management Ordinance (LMO) and is virtually built out of developer inventory. The vast majority of future inventory can only be generated from existing owners deciding to sell causing upward pressure on prices as demand will always outstrip supply.
- No developer inventory is currently on the market.
- This is a huge competitive advantage over other communities that have years of standing developer product or future development product planned that cannot be brought to the market plus resales to sell.
- We are a resale community. If there is any new future development, it will only be in a planned unit development that was grandfathered in the original Land Management Ordinance (LMO) which only allows four units per acre.
- If you compare oceanfront / ocean-oriented prices to other high-end resort communities on the East Coast, Hilton Head Island is moderately priced and represents exceptional value.
- Outstanding financing: Lenders offer low down payments with attractive interest rates giving buyers more buying power.
- Where applicable, outstanding tax write-offs help decrease real costs.
- Condominiums and homes can be income producing to help decrease costs.
- Owning real estate establishes a forced savings program.
- The fundamentals that make our community unique in the resort industry have not changed. Why wait until the market rebounds and pay more?
- Hilton Head Island represents a wonderful opportunity for families to have quality time and relaxing moments together and yet have an outstanding real estate investment that will enhance their real estate portfolio.
- Hilton Head Island real estate has become the most valued investment for many families, excluding their primary residence.
OUR LOCATION AND ACCESSIBILITY
- Hilton Head Island is within a 15 hour drive-to-radius for 105,000,000 (million) people and is attractive to international visitors.
- The full service Hilton Head Island Airport offers daily flights, both with commercial airlines and private jets that are attracted to the high-end luxury market.
- WW II and baby boomer generations, the wealthiest in our country’s history, will bequeath trillions of dollars over the first half of this century to children, friends and charity…many of whom will buy resort real estate.
- 77,000,000 (million) baby boomers are reaching retirement age, are living longer, are more mobile and are looking for the “good life.”
WHY HILTON HEAD ISLAND?
If you love Hilton Head Island today…wait until you see all the exciting changes planned for the future! The Town of Hilton Head Island along with private communities, property owners associations and resort operators are working diligently and are at different stages of planning future plans and capital improvements of over $200 million that will enhance the ”quality of life,” family enjoyment and the beauty of Hilton Head Island. The completion of these improvements and redevelopment will have a huge positive impact on all real estate values.
- Superior Land Planning – Considered by notable land planners to be the best land-planned residential oceanfront community in the country with extremely low density.
- Environmentally Sensitive – Hilton Head Island blends superior architecture with its natural beauty and wildlife thus preserving the natural feel of the environment.
- Climate – semi-tropical with four seasons and mild winters
- Overabundance of Water – Ocean, deep water, Intercoastal Waterway, lagoons, lakes and marshes
- Beach – 12 miles of white, sandy beaches
- Boating – There are nine marinas on Hilton Head Island, all of which have access to the Intercoastal Waterway.
- Golf – World renowned for its 23 golf courses
- Tennis – In excess of 300 tennis courts
- Biking – The Town of Hilton Head Island has 61 miles of public bike paths and has been awarded the coveted Bicycle Friendly Community Award at the silver level from the League of American Bicyclists. The Island also boasts more than 50 miles of private pathways and shared roadways within private developments
Parks and Recreation Facilities: 23
- Shopping – Boutiques and department stores
- Dining – 250 eateries
- Cultural Activities – The Arts Center of Coastal Carolina is a world-class facility located in the center of Hilton Head Island at Shelter Cove and offers residents and visitors a uniquely different arts and entertainment venue. The Hilton Head Symphony also has a strong presence on the Island. History tours of the area are also available.
PRESERVING OUR ISLAND
The Land Acquisition Program has significantly reduced density and helped preserve the natural environment of Hilton Head Island through the following :
- 143 parcels purchased totaling 1,320.32 acres
- Total expenditures of $1717.1 million
- Reduction of 4.57 million sq. ft. of commercial development
- Reduction of 1,365 hotel and motel rooms
- Reduction of 4,637 residential and timeshare units
- Reduction of 43,228 PM peak-hour driving trips
- Past Chairman, Beach Nourishment Committee for the Hilton Head Island Board of Realtors
- Self-funded through the “Beach Preservation Fee” (2% from all lodging 90 days or less) Hilton Head Island is one of only a few towns in the country that funds its own beach nourishment.
- Town of Hilton Head has completed 3 renourishment projects with a total investment of $37,000,000 (million)
- The next beach nourishment project is planned for winter 2016
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Palmetto Dunes Resort
- #1 Family Resort in the United States and Canada – Travel + Leisure Family
- Top 10 Luxury Family Resorts – Forbes
- 50 Greatest U.S. Tennis Resorts – Tennis Magazine
- #4 in the World for Best Instructional Programs and Events – Tennis Resorts Online
- #4 in the World for Best Junior Programs – Tennis Resorts Online
- #10 in the World for Best Tennis Resorts – Tennis Resorts Online
- Pinnacle Award for Resort Meetings
- Silver Medal / Top 75 Golf Resorts – Golf Magazine
- World’s Best Golf Resorts – Travel + Leisure Golf
- 25 Best Family Golf Resorts – Golf for Women Magazine
- Arthur Hills Course – 2009 Course of the Year – S.C. Golf Course Owners Association
- Arthur Hills Golf Course – One of 25 Best Courses You Can Play – S.C. Golf Course Ratings Panel
Hilton Head Island
- Top 10 Best U.S. Islands – USA Today
- Best Vacation Destinations For the Rich in the US – equities.com
- Rising Destinations –_American Express Travel_
- Adventurous Offerings – Adventurous Offerings
- Top 10 Islands in U.S. – TripAdvisor
- Top U.S. Islands Where You can Beat the Winter Blues – Fodor’s Travel
- Top 10 Beach Towns – Fox News
- Top 10 Bicycle Friendly Silver Level Recognition – League of American Bicyclists
- Top 20 Best Beaches in the Nation – TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards
- Top 10 Best U.S. Islands – Conde Nast Readers
- Bliss on a Budget – Southern Living Magazine
- Top 10 Best Beaches – U.S. News & World Report
- Real Estate Market – CNBC
- Best Memorial Day Weekend Destination – AOL.com
- Top 10 Family Beach – MSNBC.com
- #1 Beach Town of 2013 – Parents Magazine
- Top Five Best Family Biking Getaways in America – Disney’s Family Fun Magazine
- Top Ten Vacation Rental Destinations in the US – TripAdvisor.com
- Top Ten Memorial Day Weekend Getaways- Sherman’s Travel
- Top 10 Spring Break Rental Hot Spots – TripAdvisor.com
- Top 5 America’s Healthiest Beach Getaways – Health Magazine
- America’s Best Beaches – Travel Channel