Palmetto Dunes l Shelter Cove l Leamington Lifestyle
Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove and Leamington
Nestled in the heart of beautiful Hilton Head Island are three interconnected developments covering 2,000 acres Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove and Leamington. Each community has their own property owners association and is governed independently. Together, they form the Island’s most comprehensive oceanfront destination family resort and residential community. Palmetto Dunes offers three miles of pristine, white, sandy beach on the Atlantic Ocean and world-class golf and tennis. These properties offer you an unmatched Quality of Life and a Great Investment .
Beach access for owners and visitors in the community is available at the Dunes House Pavilion, the Disney Resort Beach Pavilion and on all Tee Road residential streets in Palmetto Dunes. Leisure paths connect the Shelter Cove area with Palmetto Dunes and Leamington via the underpass at the entrance to Palmetto Dunes.
The community offers a unique, 11-mile man-made, navigational lagoon consisting of 80% salt water and 20% brackish water that are controlled by two tide gates of Broad Creek, two stocked freshwater lakes for boating and fishing and several freshwater ponds. This unique lagoon system winds through Palmetto Dunes and Leamington.
Hilton Head Outfitters and Outside Hilton Head at the harbour has a complete line of bikes, kayaks, canoes, surfboards, beach chairs/toys, resortwear, fishing rods and equipment. Adjacent to the Outfitters is the Palmetto Dunes General Store which has sundry items, breakfast, lunch, ice cream and groceries.
Unique to the community is the Palmetto Dunes Buggy that provides courtesy transportation to Palmetto Dunes and Shelter Cove. Visit the beach, golf courses, restaurants, shops and tennis courts, as well as Shelter Cove Harbour, the Shelter Cove Towne Centre, The Plaza at Shelter Cove, home to ??Schembra Real Estate Group. This is an on-demand service and vehicles will be dispatched on a first-come, first-serve basis. Call 689.4222 to schedule a pickup or 785.1109 for customer service. 8:00 am – 9:00 pm.
Across from Palmetto Dunes Resort is Shelter Cove Harbour, the 230-acre Mediterranean-style marina community centered around the 15.5 acre harbour, and is Hilton Head Island’s deepest marina with direct access to the Intracoastal Waterway. It borders Broad Creek on the Island’s sunset side across from Palmetto Dunes. As you enter Shelter Cove, there is an imposing statue of King Neptune, one of the world’s largest working sundials, standing watch over the harbour.
Golf and Tennis
- Three championship golf courses: George Fazio Course, Robert Trent Jones Course, and the Arthur Hills Course with dining facilities, pro shops and putting greens
- Driving ranges are located at the Robert Trent Jones and Arthur Hills Courses
- 25 clay and synthetic tennis courts: 8 are illuminated and include 6 Devoe courts
- Private and semi-private tennis lessons are offered
- Award-winning tennis clinic, pro shop & Monday night pro exhibitions
- Cultural activites nearby
- Rental condominiums or homes range from one-nine bedrooms in Palmetto Dunes or Shelter Cove
- Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa Soleil, oceanfront in Palmetto Dunes offers a full service hotel and European spa. Restaurants include Blue, the Cafe, the Coffee Shop, Conroy’s, a beach bar and sundry shop
- The Omni Oceanfront Resort and Ocean Tides Spa offers a 324-room full service condo/hotel with dining, shopping and live entertainment. XO Lounge, HH Prime, Palmetto Cafe, The Deli, the outdoor Buoy Bar and the Gift Shop.