Nestled in South Carolina’s Lowcountry region, Hilton Head Island is a residential resort community known for its picture-perfect scenery, incredible Atlantic Ocean beaches, and award-winning championship golf courses.
Known as one of the top family-friendly destinations in the world, Hilton Head offers a near-endless amount of recreation opportunities, which residents and visitors enjoy year-round, thanks to the area’s pleasant subtropical climate and stunning natural environment.
If you’re thinking about buying a home in Hilton Head Island but are still on the fence, here are several reasons that will convince you to take the plunge:
An unbeatable real estate investment opportunity
- The Hilton Head Island community is built through superior land planning and design and is home to a wealth of first-class amenities. It is easily one of the most sought-after communities in the oceanfront, golf, and harbor destination resort market.
- Hilton Head is visited by more than 2.5 million tourists each year. Many of them fall in love with the area and its laid-back atmosphere, and eventually becoming property owners themselves.
- Since 1976, the affordability index and capital appreciation has been exceptional – combined with today’s current prices, buyers get terrific opportunities for many years to come.
- Compared to most oceanfront and high-end resort communities on the east coast, prices in Hilton Head Island are moderate, offering exceptional value.
- Real estate at Hilton Head Island has become the most valued investment for countless families, excluding their primary residence.
- Hilton Head Island is a top destination for many international visitors, and is within a 15-hour drive-to radius for over 105 million people.
- Future runway expansion at the Hilton Head Island Airport by mid-2018 will provide better access to the resort town through commercial flights as well as private and corporate jets, which opens up the island’s high-end luxury market.
- Private communities, homeowners associations, and resort operators throughout Hilton Head Island work consistently on enhancements, improvements, and updates to increase family enjoyment and provide a better quality of life for all residents and visitors.
- Many renowned land planners consider Hilton Head Island as one of the best land-planned, low-density oceanfront resort communities in the country.
- Hilton Head preserves the natural beauty and local wildlife of the environment, creating an incredibly picturesque atmosphere when combined with the gorgeous architecture of its structures and homes.
- The resort town is a water-centric community – residents get access to many bodies of water, including the ocean, the Intercoastal Waterway, the 11-mile lagoon system, and serene lakes and marshes.
- There’s something for everyone to enjoy at Hilton Head, as the community is home to more than 20 parks and recreation facilities. Popular activities include kayaking, boating, biking, ziplining, fishing, and crabbing.
- Hilton Head Island is a top destination for golf enthusiasts throughout the world, as it is home to 23 outstanding golf courses.
- In addition to its wide array of unforgettable outdoor activities, Hilton Head is also home to a diverse selection of shopping, dining, and arts and culture destinations.