Palmetto Dunes l Shelter Cove l Leamington Lifestyle
Palmetto Dunes l Shelter Cove l Leamington
Nestled in the “epicenter” of beautiful Hilton Head Island are three interconnected communities covering 2,000 acres: Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove and Leamington. Each community has their own property owners association. With their abundance of amenities, they form the Island’s most comprehensive oceanfront family residential resort community, one of the finest on the East Coast. Palmetto Dunes offers three miles of newly re nourished, pristine, white, sandy beach on the Atlantic Ocean along with golf, tennis, bike and leisure paths, and our signature 11-mile lagoon system, the second largest in the country. Each unique community offers you an unmatched Quality of Life and a Great Investment .
Most amenities are conveniently located or within walking distant from our resort core, Hotel Circle. It is the perfect family spot as the kids can bike throughout the community without accessing the highway. Beach access for owners and visitors in the community is available at the Dunes House, the Disney Resort Beach Pavilion and on all Tee Road residential streets in Palmetto Dunes. Leisure paths connect the Shelter Cove area with Palmetto Dunes and Leamington via the underpass at the entrance to Palmetto Dunes.
The community offers a unique, 11-mile man-made, navigational lagoon consisting of 80% salt water and 20% brackish water that are controlled by two tide gates of Broad Creek, two stocked freshwater lakes for boating and fishing and several freshwater ponds. This unique lagoon system winds through Palmetto Dunes and Leamington and is one of the largest private lagoon systems in the country.
Hilton Head Outfitters has a complete line of bikes, kayaks, canoes, surfboards, beach chairs/toys, resortwear, fishing rods and equipment. Adjacent to the Outfitters is the Palmetto Dunes General Store which has sundry items, breakfast, lunch, ice cream and groceries. Outside Hilton Head offers watersports at the Shelter Cove Marina.
Unique to the community is the Palmetto Dunes Buggy that provides courtesy transportation to Palmetto Dunes and Shelter Cove. Visit the beach, golf courses, restaurants, shops and tennis courts, as well as Shelter Cove Harbour, the Shelter Cove Towne Centre, The Plaza at Shelter Cove, home to ??Schembra Real Estate Group. This is an on-demand service and vehicles will be dispatched on a first-come, first-serve basis. Call 689.4222 to schedule a pickup or 785.1109 for customer service. 8:00 am – 9:00 pm.
Across from Palmetto Dunes Resort is Shelter Cove Harbour, the 230-acre Mediterranean-style marina community centered around the 15.5 acre harbour, and is Hilton Head Island’s deepest marina with direct access to the Intracoastal Waterway. It borders Broad Creek on the Island’s sunset side across from Palmetto Dunes. As you enter Shelter Cove, there is an imposing statue of King Neptune, one of the world’s largest working sundials, standing watch over the harbour.
Golf and Tennis
- Three championship golf courses: George Fazio Course, Robert Trent Jones Course, and the Arthur Hills Course with dining facilities, pro shops and putting greens
- Driving ranges are located at the Robert Trent Jones and Arthur Hills Courses
- 25 clay and synthetic tennis courts: 8 are illuminated and include 6 Devoe courts
- Private and semi-private tennis lessons are offered
- Award-winning tennis clinic, pro shop & Monday night pro exhibitions
- Cultural activites nearby
- Bicycle and leisure pathways connecting Palmetto Dunes to the Shelter Cove areas
- Kayak rentals available on our 11-mile lagoon system winding throughout the community
- Bicycle, outdoor sports and water activities’ rentals available
- Pickleball is available at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center
- Rental condominiums or homes range from one-nine bedrooms in Palmetto Dunes or Shelter Cove
- Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa Soleil, oceanfront in Palmetto Dunes offers a full service hotel and European spa. Restaurants and lounges include Ocean BLu, Liquid, The Café and Conroy’s
- The Omni Oceanfront Resort and Ocean Tides Spa offers a 324-room full service condo/hotel with dining, shopping and live entertainment. XO Sports Spirits, HH Prime, Palmetto Market, and Buoy Bar